I don’t know about you but part of me feels like January had 875 days but then it only feels like Christmas and New Year was here. I have really struggled with my health the past 8 weeks and it has been a tough old time and personally, I haven’t been taking care f myself and this has meant my physical and mental health have suffered more.
What about you? Have you been practicing self-care after the hectic Christmas and New Year period? How’s it going? How are you caring for yourself? What’s working and what isn’t?
Self-care is about giving ourselves permission to take a step back from the daily grind when we feel stressed, anxious and overwhelmed. Self-care is about addressing issues in our lives using a holistic approach. Self care activities are not selfish and in order to care for ourselves, you need to be able to identify what is out of kilter in your life and resolve to better the situation by being kind to yourself.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Be proud of your personal achievements.
- Forgive yourself.
- Do one thing every day that makes you happy.
- Learn from your past experiences.
- Be happy just the way you are.
- Remove the word ‘should’ from your vocabulary.
- Don’t commit to things that don’t matter to you.
- Start listening to your positive inner voice.
- Know that you are enough.
- Acknowledge that there is no such thing as perfection.
- Embrace change.
- Don’t make comparisons.
- Allow yourself to feel and express all of your feelings and don’t let others make you think how you feel is wrong.
- Learn to look after your body, mind, and soul.
Remember, self-care is no selfish. You re simply deciding to be happy and this will take time and practice/ It’s not easy to put ourselves first but as the saying goes you can’t pour from empty. There is no right way to practice self-love, just do what feels
How do you practice self-love?